2021/22 Season of Play Begins!
Hello Alberta Basketball Community,
September 1st is the start of the 2021/2022 ABA Membership Season of Play, please see the updates below to help you prepare as we all get back on the court.
2021/22 ABA Membership Online Registration Now Available!
To be recognized as a Member in Good Standing with the ABA, an organization must complete the following registration steps as well as agreeing to abide by the Bylaws, policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Association prior to commencing with the organization's first organized on-court activities.
The following registration procedures are part of ABA’s Governance Policy, to review the complete policy document click the link below.
2021/2022 Official Governance Policy
Organization Registration Procedure
- Register your Organization with ABA.
- This can be done online through our ABA Store - the annual fee is $100
- After the organization registration is received ABA will contact you to discuss next steps.
- ABA will provide a registration portal, where all coaches, players, referees and staff can complete/purchase their individual ABA Membership and organization registration package(s).
- All players who participate in ABA sanctioned basketball activities must be registered in the RAMP system in which they have provided a government issued proof of age document. All ages will be defined as of January 1st.
- All coaches who participate in ABA sanctioned basketball activities must be registered in the RAMP system in which they have provided a government issued proof of age document and provide a Police Information Check (See 2.4.1) - Please note that all coaches born prior to February 1986 are encouraged to also provide proof of a Vulnerable Sectors search.
- ABA is committed to the Coaching Association of Canada's (CAC’s) ‘Responsible Coaching Movement’. For more information on the Responsible Coaching Movement and the Rule of Two - Click Here.
- Registration and payment of fees must be completed prior to the first organized on-court basketball activity of the organization.
- Please note:
- Individual registration does not need to be completed prior to tryouts but must be completed once selected to participate with the organization and prior to first organized on-court activity.
- Organizations are required to have all tryout participants complete a signed waiver prior to the tryout process - Please see Individual ABA Membership - Section B below for links
- Complete the Request for a Certificate of Insurance, noting any facility or third party that needs to be identified. Once completed and submitted ABA will provide a Certificate of Insurance.
Individual ABA Membership
- To purchase an individual ABA membership please click here - ABA Membership
- Individual membership can also be purchased through your club or league if they have an ABA RAMP Portal for registration
- Registration and payment of fees must be completed prior to the first organized on-court basketball activity.
- During the registration process participants sign the following waivers
- General Waiver and Permissions including Code of Conduct and Social Media Policy
- Event Participation waiver including acknowledgement of COVID-19
To address any coaching clinic needs please reach out to Reagan Wood (email@example.com) or Mark Hogan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up coaching clinics
A Provincial Basketball Community Aligned and United
A key component to ABA’s 2021 - 2025 Strategic Plan, ABA is focused on alignment to unite the basketball community across the province. To view the complete document please click on the link below:
The Case for Alignment
If you have a question about this document or ABA’s 2021 - 2025 Strategic Plan, please contact email@example.com or 780.427.9044
We look forward to seeing everyone back on the court this fall!